Saturday, May 16, 2009

Congratulations Terri!

This morning we are in Springfield, Illinois. At about 2:00 this afternoon, my beloved bride will walk in the graduation ceremony at the University of Illinois, Springfield. She now has her Bachelors degree in English. She graduates with honors.

Terri has worked harder to get here than anyone I know; overcoming obstacles, half of which would have stopped most. I do not mean the work was too challenging. Good grades are not a tall order for her. I mean it when I say she is the most intelligent woman I know personally.

No, the challenges came in every other area. There was the challenge of raising six adopted children. There was the challenge of health problems two years ago that almost took her life three times. Not to mention the challenge of being a church planter's wife, and putting up with him and his challenges. (I do not mean that in jest.) Many challenges, but she persevered.

Today, she gets recognised for this accomplishment; this dream, this goal. Hats off to you my beloved bride. I am very grateful for you, and proud of you. No one has earned it with more grace than you.

Just a thought. Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment